Customer Service Issues.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

So, I was really angsty on my TWITTER bout a certain customer service issue..  Pardon me, but I was really angry and disappointed at the treatment I was given by one of the staff when I was purchasing my food at Mcdonalds just now. I honestly felt like I was "played" by the staff and it kinda spoiled my night. Well, I was notified by my friend that the long-awaited Twister Fries was back on the Menu and I happily went to the branch at Tampines West CC to purchase them. I waited for awhile at the front of the queue before that guy started taking my order. His delivery friend sitting there said "Eh, serve the customer la." which he chose to ignore... But thats fine. I'll wait.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the ever-awesome twister fries is back and at alacarte, it is priced at $3.10. I got out 10 bucks and gave it to the serving staff. He passed me the change of $6.90. HAHA, thats not wrong, like I should totally applaud him for his counting skills. But he gave me 2 $2 notes, 1 $1 coin, 4 10c coins and 10 5c coins. The paper notes couldn't hold the weight which left the coins clanging on to the counter. I was quite shocked to see that many 5c coins. I picked the coins up one by one and asked him if he had other change. He said "No." I looked at the previous customer, a Malay lady, who was right beside me waiting for her food, she gave me a weak smile.



While waiting for my food, I decided that if they didn't have change, it would be hard to serve the other customers and of course, I didn't have a wallet with me for all the coins cause I only brought 20bucks out since I went for a run. My dad was waiting for me outside Macs, so I went out to get a 10c coin from my dad, thinking that I could add the 10c coin to my 90c worth of 5c and 10c in exchange for a dollar. When I went back to the counter, my fries weren't packed yet. I waited till he passed me the fries before asking him if he could do the exchange. He replied me with "I CANNOT OPEN THE COUNTER." I told him that it was alright, he can serve the next customer and do the exchange during payment. He ignored me and went ahead serving so I waited and placed the coins onto the counter.

The serving of the next customer wasn't done quickly. And he didn't serve him with a better attitude either. The next customer was an Indian dad with his daughter and wife and he wanted to purchase the Happy Meal. The conversation went roughly like this....

Customer: Hi, can I have a Happy Meal? The nuggets.
Macs: FRIES, CORN, APPLE?
Customer: huh?
Macs (at a louder voice): FRIES, CORN, APPLE?
Customer: WHAT?
Customer's wife: ERM fries!
Customer: Can I have the toy?
Macs: You order finish first la then I give you the toy! Drinks?
Customer: Milo? Thats not cold.
Macs: Thats hot milo la! You sure you want this?
Customer: HUH?
Macs: You very sure you want this meal?
Customer: ya?
-hands over toy-
Customer: Can I have the pink one?
Macs: DONT HAVE. Pay by?

FINALLY, the cash register was opened. That was about 8mins after my purchase. So I was looking at him waiting for his respond. He ignored me until I said "Erm, so can change?". He looked at me and dug his hands into a full tray of 10c and was about to take out a bunch of 10c.

(OS: I thought you said you don't have change and SERIOUSLY? You're just gonna change my 5c into 10c???? YOU KIDDING ME?)

He gave me a "idunnohowtodescribeface". I looked at him and said "No, I add a 10c means you can give me a dollar right?" He said "Don't have." -I was looking at the cashier tray-

(OS: Hello, theres a tray full of 1 dollar coins.)

I said "ERM, you sure you don't have?" He replied, "NA, you want ah. Give you lah, give you lah." And finally handed me the one dollar.


I was really angry cause his "joke" or whatever he calls it is uncalled for? I mean what are you trig to do? It felt like I was deliberately bullied and picked upon. He said that he didn't have change so I took the 10 5c coins and 4 10c coins and went to my dad in search of a 10c to change it to a dollar. While he was obviously lying about not having change? And my dad came in to see why I took so long to only see the kind of treatment I was given. All the while, I was being nice and patient. I didn't mind waiting.. But I felt played when he attempted to give me more 10c coins, and then lied again about the 1 dollar coins.

Honestly, I don't think anyone will feel good being treated like this. Picking up coins one by one isn't a good feeling, I feel the pain of the SIMLIM lady though her case is worst by a million times. Its like, I only wanted to buy some fries and I ended up with the kind of bad treatment and attitude. Sorry but I value good service attitude and I do always end off my orders with a THANK YOU when they pass me my food. I do ACTUALLY appreciate your help at getting my food to my table k.

Good customer service actually makes a difference for a customer's overall dining experience. I don't know if you guys notice but I think STARBUCKS is actually doing great in regards of their service. The writing of names and smiles and occasional "HI SHERRAINE, ENJOY YOUR DRINK" just never fails to brighten up my day. KUDOS STARBUCKS. Other fast-food chains really needs to buck up.  For those of you who've went to TAIWAN before would have experienced the real meaning of GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I think we need to do better..... Oh wells, just some ranting anyway. I still like Mcdonald's k? Esp, their marketing team. Always so creative, thoughtful and full of ideas. I just hope this guy learns.


(PS: I didn't show his pictures cause I don't wanna cause trouble. But his name is JIAN SEN.) Pictures are attached cause I don't want to be said to be saying things that are untrue cause it really did happen. I just thought that peopleshouldknow. )

Let me end off with some happy picture, cause tmr will be a better day.
CHEERS.


Click for Older Posts . Newer Post



Profile.



Hello.
This is Sherraine.
Actress.Singer.Blogger.
Scorpio Girl
Email: sherrainelaw@gmail.com

Visitors.

Hit Count

viewers.

Instagram.



Twitter.



Facebook.



Advers.



Categories.
Search for Posts.

Archives.